If you would like to learn more about the differences between POP and IMAP, please see the following article “POP vs. IMAP.”
For increased security, we recommend that you use our secure (SSL) servers, as detailed below. Note: If your internal system configurations require non-SSL ports, please see the “Email Server Settings” page for our full list of available servers and ports.
To set up Outlook for Mac 2011, perform the following steps:
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011. From the Outlook drop-down menu in the top bar, select Preferences.
- On the Outlook Preferences menu, under the Personal Settings header, click Accounts.
- On the Accounts screen, select E-mail Account.
- Enter your full email address (e.g., email@example.com) and password. Click Add Account.
- Once your email address and password is entered, the box will expand. Enter the following information into the expanded screen:
User Name— Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Type—Select POP from the drop-down menu.
- Incoming mail server—Enter the secure server name:
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)—Enter the secure server name:
- Check the Use SSL to connect (recommend) box.
- Click Add Account and Confirm changes and close.
- Note: A POP connection removes the email messages from the server during download. If you would like to leave copies on the server, click Advanced and check the Leave a copy of messages on server check box. Click OK.